Friday, January 6, 2012

Arizona Medical Marijuana Discrimination by CPS

Arizona Child Protective Services is discriminating against grandparents wanting custody of their grandchildren because they have Arizona medical marijuana cards.

That's what a CPS case worker told me last night. Four of our grandchildren are in CPS custody, and we felt we were being discriminated against because of our medical marijuana use, but no one from CPS would say it out loud until last night.

The Arizona Revised Statutes Section 36-2813, Discrimination Prohibited is quite clear about this, and says, "No person may be denied custody of or visitation or parenting time with a minor, and there is no presumption of neglect or child endangerment for conduct allowed under this chapter, unless the person’s behavior creates an unreasonable danger to the safety of the minor as established by clear and convincing evidence".

I filed a complaint with the Arizona ACLU, so we'll so what happens.........

4 comments:

  1. Cruel, ignorant, evil.

    Sounds to me like it’s just another govt. agency which does the exact opposite of what it should be doing.

    What about the multitude of parents (and grandparents) in Jamaica, for example, who use marijuana recreationally or medically, as well as giving it to their kids?

    What kind of message does it send that the U.S. hasn’t sent the military and Family Destroying Services to Jamaica to wreak havoc?


    Research About Mom’s Using Marijuana - Children NOT Harmed 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like another big lawsuit against the State of Arizona. CPS better reverse their decision real quick like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jay,

    I'm not sure how to contact you so I'm sending this message.

    We'd like to do an article about the CPS discrimination that you're dealing with.

    Please email me at activistpost@gmail.com

    Thanks

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric,
    Are you still looking to talk to ppl regarding CPS & a grandparent that has a medical marijuana card who has temporary custody of a grandchild? Because now they are requiring me to take a drug test (hair follicle and UA) and she's been placed with me since OCT 2011 and NOW they want me to take a drug test? Im pissed, because I am legal, dont use around the children, and now allegations are being made? She called me today and said I have the week to get this done. Let me know....Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...