Saturday, October 31, 2009

Reform conference?

This is a short post as I'm sick with the flu. The Olympic flame arrived in Victoria yesterday and I spent fourteen hours outdoors helping with security. This was an "all hands on deck" event and a lot of officers were working. I already had a cold but the rain appears to have made it worse. :-(

Now, thinking about warmer places, is anyone going to the Reform conference in New Mexico? This is a huge drug policy conference that occurs once every two years. This time around it will run from November 12 - 14 in Albuquerque. LEAP is listed on the conference web site a sponsor / co-host, along with the Harm Reduction Coalition, MAPS, DPA, MPP, SSDP, ACLU, the Libra Foundation, the Open Society Institute and the Berkeley Patients Group. I know there will be quite a few LEAP speakers at the event, so this is a good chance to meet people from LEAP as well as other orgnaizations.

I won't be there myself, but I am hoping to work with some of the attendees to get lots of stories and photos onto this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're sick. I can't say I'll be at the conference, but I'll attend the LEAP presentation on the 10th.

    I have a feeling I'll bring some of my camera equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael G Langley, MDNovember 2, 2009 at 4:57 PM

    I got it Saturday! Luckily,I had some Tamiflu from my old practice. Nothing like a few samples to get over the problem. I had 12 hours of bad symptoms, until I broke down and took some Tylenol and started the Tamiflu. Then with the Tamiflu, I was just about symtom free in another 24 hours! Not too bad today. Hope you have a short course, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...